Monday, February 8, 2010

A Very Busy Day

What a SUPER busy day it was today! We did so much good work.

In Maths, we practised counting in 10s. Jack and Ella have their photo down below, showing their neat and tidy work.We also did Mental Maths in our workbook. Caitlin and Raquel told News today. Caitlin showed us some real crystals that she has and Raquel told us about her family's new boat.

Our grammar lesson today was about capital letters. We learned that we use them when we write names and at the start of sentences. We need to try hard to remember that!

Congratulations to Kate for being our "Uniform Star" for last week. It's great to see all of the Smarties wearing correct uniform every day.

We also have a very exciting project to tell everyone about. We are going to be email-pals with a class in London, England. We looked on the map to see where they live and it's a very, very long way away. We wrote an email to their class to tell them a little bit about us. We are looking forward to reading their replies.

We're all exhausted and we need a nap because we worked so hard today!

Love from the Smarties

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you know how to write all those numbers! I bet some children in Year Four/Five can't even do that.
    Great work!
    Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just writing to say that I have visited your site and it looks absolutely fantastic. I’ll have to get in touch with you and see how you put the blog together. Hope you are enjoying Year 2. All the best for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Year Two...this is absolutely awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. I finally worked out how to post a comment..and I am glad to say that it wasn't me, it was my computer that would not let me write a comment. So now I will be able to write often like I promised the other day. Keep up the great work ..you are doing a brilliant job. I will call myself Mrs Mt so you don't get me confused with Mrs M.
    :) Mrs Mt

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Raquel I will see you on monday. Have a great weekend love your friend charlee-shay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking very cute guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jack,

    Looks like Yr 2 has had a very exciting few months learning lots of things about animals and having great fun while doing it--the best way to learn!! Jack I can't imagine that you would ever whinge to your Mum about getting out of the bath.

    Love
    Mrs Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jack great to see you wrote a story I would love to read it auntie nene xxx

    ReplyDelete