Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Day of Firsts

It was a day of "firsts" today. We did our first Oral Language lesson using the Six Thinking Hats. We needed to think about what it would be like if bees were as big as cats. We used the yellow hat, which gets us to think about the strengths, or good things about something. Then we used the black hat, which had us thinking about the bad possibilities of it. It was fun because we got to think of really weird things, like riding bees to school and going inside a beehive to see the bees making honey!

We also learned a new adding-up game using dice and we played it for the first time. We threw a die and wrote down the number that it showed. Then we rolled it again and wrote down the next number and added them together. Some people could even add up to 5 numbers at a time. We are so clever!

We also had our first look at the new blog made by our friends in America. We left them their first comment.

We also had our first ONE THOUSAND hits on our blog! Wow, a lot of people are reading about us!

Love from The Smarties

4 comments:

  1. To The Smarties,
    I love reading about what you do in school everyday. I think all the stuff you do is really cool and wish we did stuff like that at my school. Keep up the hard work and listen to your teacher because she knows what she's doing. Looking forward to reading more about your day.
    From Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really like reading your blog and were excited to see our class mentioned! We can't wait to get started on the lunch project. We have been out of school for two days because of snow- we have about 4 inches outside! We are back in school now though. We have many questions but we'll just start with this one- is Hannah Montana popular in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Smarties

    Well I think that you should all be very proud of yourselves, I am in awe of how well you are all doing with computer work!

    Mrs. M and Mrs. N well done, to tell you the truth, I am a bit nervous when I use the computer.

    We have all enjoyed reading your blog and that includes Miss C who has a big brother and sister at the school and a very chatty wee sister there too!

    Maybe I should call in for a computer lesson some day.

    Keep up the wonderful work everyone.

    Love from Mrs McC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Smarties,

    This is the first time I have visited your blog, and this is the first comment I have left. (I'm sure I'll be back with many more comments! I really like your blog!)

    I can't imagine if bees were the size of cats! Would honey flow like a river? That sounds pretty good...I really like honey. However, giant bees flying around would probably make a lot of noise and I don't even want to think about the stinger!

    Terrific work, Smarties!

    Your friend,
    Mrs. Yollis
    California

    ReplyDelete