We finished our butterfly pictures today and we think they look amazing! They've been worked on in stages over the last few weeks and we're happy to finally have them on display in our classroom. Elise's mum helped us finish them.
For the backgrounds, we painted stripes with watercolours, trying to keep the colours soft by using lots of water on our brushes. We traced the butterflies using templates in the shape of half butterflies, then flipped them over to make them symmetrical. We used oil pastels to outline them, then painted with watercolour. This time, we tried to make the colours darker and brighter by using less water on our brushes. We folded the wings up so it looks like they're flying and glued them wherever we wanted onto the background. It was great fun and we love the bright colours!
We used the laptops this morning and practised our maths at Tutpup. Danica's mum helped us with logging in and making sure everything was working properly.