- They originally came from Mexico.
- They are one of the only fruits to contain fat, but it's a healthy type that helps to keep us healthy.
- They are rich in vitamins.
- Some people like to spread avocado on bread, instead of using butter.
- They grow on trees.
- There are different varieties and the one we tried is called Hass.
Unfortunately, most of us didn't like avocados very much. There were only four of us who thought they tasted yummy. Mrs N didn't like them when she was younger either, but now that she's a grown-up, she eats them. Sometimes, our tastes change as we get older, so even though we don't like them now, we'll try them again when we're bigger. The important thing is to keep trying new, healthy foods so that we can grow up strong and healthy.
|Sharni gives avocado a thumbs up!|
We did some more activities about symmetry today and we searched our classroom for objects that are symmetrical. Mrs N made them into a quiz using Quiz Revolution. Be careful! There are some pictures of things that are not symmetrical in there too. Don't be tricked!