Saturday, July 17, 2010

Almost Back to School!

A Quokka on Rottnest Island
The Smarties are enjoying a two-week holiday and are getting ready to go back to school for Term 3 on Tuesday. I wonder what interesting things we'll have to tell each other when we get back?

One of the best things I did in the holidays was go to Rottnest Island (we call it "Rotto"). It's a small island off the coast of Perth, Western Australia, and is very popular with people who want a relaxing holiday. Most people who go there ride bikes, or walk everywhere, because only the people that work there are allowed to drive cars!

I saw a lot of Quokkas, which are small marsupials. They are very tame and wander around the shopping and accommodation areas, looking for bits of grass to eat. I even found one under my table in the coffee shop!

I can't wait to hear about what all The Smarties have been doing on the holidays!

Love Mrs N

No comments:

Post a Comment